Ukrainian consul visited Oleksiy Chirniy in Moscow's Lefortovo Prison
Diplomat requested medical examination for Ukrainian political prisoner Oleksiy Chirniy
Consul of the Embassy of Ukraine in Russia visited illegally convicted Ukrainian Oleksiy Chirniy on August 31 in Lefortovo Prison in Moscow. It was reported by the Department of Consular Service of Ukrainian MFA on their Facebook page.
"During the meeting Ukrainian consul explored information about conditions, health state and attitude towards our compatriot and any unlawful actions by the prison administration," - said the statement.
It also reported that the diplomat appealed to the leadership of the detention center to conduct a medical examination of the Ukrainian prisoner.
As it was reported earlier, in August 2015 North Caucasus district military court sentenced Oleh Sentsov to 20 years in prison, Oleksandr Kolchenko - to 10 years, Oleksiy Chirniy and Gennady Afanasyev - to 7 years in prison for preparing terrorist acts in Crimea and arson of several political parties offices in Simferopol.
Chirniy agreed to cooperate with the investigation and thus received seven years in prison. In June, he was taken from the colony in the Magadan region to Moscow's Lefortovo for psychiatric examination.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain