Ukraine will allow elections to Russian Duma, but on certain conditions
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine expressed its strong protest over the intention to hold elections in the temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine
The elections to the Russian State Duma at the Russian diplomatic missions' premises in the territory of Ukraine is possible only after Russia's rejection of the elections in the occupied territories. This is stated by the press service of the Foreign Ministry of Ukraine on Facebook.
Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine expressed its strong protest over the intention to hold elections in the temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine - Autonomous Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol.
Such actions of the Russian side are contrary to the fundamental norms and principles of international law and the laws of Ukraine, believes Ukrainian MFA
"Ministry of Foreign Affairs addressed to the Russian side with the requirement not to hold elections in the temporarily occupied territories. We noted in this connection that such elections in the premises of diplomatic and consular missions of Russia are impossible.", - The report says.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case