Ukraine marks the Day of Crimean Tatar Resistance Against Russian Occupation
On this day two years ago Crimean Tatars protested occupation of Crimea
Ukraine marks the day of Crimean Tatar resistance against occupation of Crimea by the Russian Federation, stated the Head of CEO Kurultai of the Crimean Tatar people Zair Smedlyayev in an interview to “112 Ukraine” TV channel.
“Back when we received information that Crimean Parliament was planning to address the President of the Russian Federation asking to make Crimea a part of Russian territory, a meeting of Mejlis was summoned and a decision was made to protest integration with Russia near Crimean Parliament”, - he explained.
According to Smedlyayev, repressions against Crimean Tatars started on May 3, when they met their leader Mustafa Djemiliov on Armyansk checkpoint, when he was banned from entering Crimea.
“There were clashes with the so-called law enforcement. 5 Crimean Tatars were arrested”, - he added.
Smedlyayev stated that currently 20 Crimean Tatars are missing.
“Some people say they went to fight for ISIS, set off to Syria or eastern Ukraine. But the facts say that they were detained by the Special Service. Their families are subjected to pressure”, - Smedlyayev explained.
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars