Ukraine closes airspace to Russian airlines on November 26
Ukraine will lose €25-30 mln per year because of ban of Russian flights - Ministry of Infrastructure
Ukraine closes airspace to all Russian airlines at 00:00 on November 26 - Ministry of Infrastructure on it's website.
"Due to the aggravation of military and political situation, the government has decided to ban all transit flights for all Russian airlines in Ukraine's airspace without an exception on 00:00 on November 26 this year.
The decision was also motivated by systematic violation of safety rules and use of Ukrainian airspace by Russian air carriers. Intention of this decision is to prevent any possible provocations in the airspace of Ukraine", - says the message.
Ministry of Infrastructure underlined that implementing flights to Crimea, Russian airlines violate the agreement between the Government of Ukraine and the Government of Russian Federation, as well as international agreements.
"On behalf of the Cabinet of Ministers the State Aviation Service will inform the Russian side about the ban of Russian civil aviation in Ukrainian airspace. State Aviation Service through the Foreign Ministry sent a corresponding note to the Rosaviatsia (Russian Federal Air Transport Agency) today, November 25," - reported in the statement.
"The Ukrainian government decided to ban all transit flights for all Russian airlines in Ukraine's airspace" - said Prime-Minister of Ukraine Yatseniuk.
October 25 flights between Ukraine and Russia were stopped. The Ukrainian sanction list includes 29 Russian airlines, 27 of which carried out illegal flights to the occupied Crimea, and two Ukrainian companies, 'nationalized' by the occupational authorities of the Crimea. In response to Ukrainian sanctions Russian Federal Air Transport Agency has closed the sky to Ukrainian airlines.
Minister of Infrastructure of Ukraine Andriy Pivovarsky said that Ukraine will lose €25-30 mln per year because of ban of Russian flights, Interfax.
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain