Tusk: Sanctions against Russia to be prolonged
He thinks decision can be made even before EU Summit
EU sanctions against Russia will be extended for another term. President of the European Council Donald Tusk expressed such an opinion at a joint press conference with Finland Prime Minister Juha Sipilä, “TASS” reports.
“I think that the EU position on this issue is quite clear. We need to connect the sanctions against Russia with the implementation of the Minsk agreements”, he said.
“I am sure that we will extend the sanctions. I think that the decision on the prolongation can be made even before the meeting of the European Council. I mean on a lower level”, Tusk added.
He featured that “today it is not so controversial issue”.
Sipilä, in turn, also said that “it is clear now that the sanctions will be extended".
EU leaders to discuss relations with Russia 26 September, 21:23
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels