Turchynov: Russia gets ready for striking at Ukraine and Europe
Offensive military units gather at West border
Russia has established a reserve Third Army Corps on the uncontrolled border site with Ukraine. Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine Oleksandr Turchynov told about this in an interview to Ukrainian media.
"Russia deploys new military units: the first tank army and combined-arms twentieth Western Military District of Russia army. They are only offensive. One hundred and fifty infantry division is also formed near our borders in the Southern Military District of Russia", he said.
According to Turchynov, two army corps with 35 thousand troops have been already operating on the uncontrolled territories of Donbas, while Russian warheads consist of 9 thousand servicemen.
He said that the units are well armed and formed on the model of the Russian armed forces, acting within the Russian Federation charter and are a part of the Russian armed forces.
Turchynov said that the first and second divisions have 500 tanks, 900 armored vehicles and 800 artillery and rocket systems.
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain