This winter, Ukraine will pay Russia about $3 billion for gas, - Putin
In the fourth quarter of 2015, gas price for Ukraine will amount $232 per thousand cubic meters
During the winter Ukraine will pay Russia about $3 billion for gas, stated Vladimir Putin, Interfax-Ukraine.
At the same time, Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak said that Ukraine and Russia have reached an agreement on gas supplies from October 1 to March 31.
"On September 25, we held trilateral consultations with our partners. We managed to agree on the conditions of cooperation for the supply of gas from Russia to Ukraine in the period from October 1 to March 31, so-called "winter package". The main provision of this agreement is mutual obligations of all parties. This is primarily an obligation of the Ukrainian side to ensure the continuation of reliable transit of Russian gas through Ukraine to the EU for all those volumes that Gazprom will provide for transit in accordance with the contract", said Novak.
The Russian government, in turn, will consider discounts and gas price formation for Ukraine at the level of neighboring countries, such as Poland, added the minister.
Earlier, the European Commission, the Russian Federation and Ukraine have agreed on the terms of gas deliveries to Ukraine for the coming winter period from October 1 until the end of March 2016. In the fourth quarter, the price of natural gas will be $232 per thousand cubic meters.
Also, Energy Minister of Ukraine Volodymyr Demchyshyn said that Ukraine has raised $500 million, required for the purchase of 2 billion cubic meters of Russian gas. The Minister said that the money are already available on the account of Naftogaz and are designed to pay for gas.
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain