Tension between Russia and United States is more dangerous than during the "Cold War" - Steinmeier
The head of German Foreign Ministry said that large number of regional conflicts and reducing influence of the great powers make world unpredictable
Tension between the US and Russia is even worse than during the Cold War. This thought was expressed by the German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier in a column for Bild.
"The crisis in Ukraine, cyberwar, the cessation of nuclear cooperation and, of course, Syria - there are more and more causes of the conflict between the Russian Federation and the United States. It seems that the last trust disappeared. If it goes on, we'll be back in the time of the confrontation between the two largest countries, "- quotes the edition Steinmeier.
According to the head of the German Foreign Ministry, the current situation is different from that time, and it is much more dangerous.
"What is happening now is even more dangerous. Before the world was divided into two parts, but Moscow and Washington knew where are the "red lines ", and respected them." A large number of regional conflicts and reducing the influence of the great powers make world unpredictable, "- said Steinmeier.
He urged the United States and Russia to continue the dialogue and joint efforts to end the hostilities in Syria.
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas