Syrian army with Russian air forces launch attack on Assad opponents
Earlier, Russian Air Force laid on the first air strike in Syria, as a result 30 people were killed, including 12 children
The Syrian army allied by Russian aircrafts launched attack upon the opposition forces.
“Russia's air strikes hit northern parts of Hama province and nearby areas in Idlib province, targeting towns close to the main north-south highway that runs through major cities in western Syria,” Reuters reports citing the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
In addition, the ground assault on Wednesday, October 7 was being carried out by the so called regime forces of the president Bashar al-Assad and their allies. Nevertheless, there were no immediate sign of Russian involvement on the ground, Reuters reports. Syrian state media and regional pro-government channels made no mention of new Russian strikes or the ground attacks on Wednesday.
Previously, Russia insisted that in Syria it intends to deal with the ISIS militants, and not with the opposition representatives, who are fighting against the Bashar al-Assad regime. However, the first air strike hit upon the locations of the opposition whereas the positions of ISIS terrorists were in 80 kilometers away. As a result of bombing, at least 30 people were killed, including 12 children. Local media said that there were no Islamic State`s militants at the point of impact, and tactical aviation of the Russian Federation is bombing upon assembly points of insurgents of the Assad regime.
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas