Steinmeier called for the return of Russia to G8
Russia should contribute to the solution of Ukrainian conflict and establishing peace in Syria
Federal Foreign Minister of Germany Frank-Walter Steinmeier called for the return of Russia to the group of major industrialized countries G8, - reported Zeit.
He expressed the hope for the G8 format recovery. He stressed that "no serious international conflict can be solved without Russia’s presence."
"I hope that the G7 will not remain the constant format, we have to create conditions for the return to the G8", - he added.
At the same time, he noted that this year's return to the G8 format will not work. As a precondition for the return of Russia to the "big eight", he named the introduction of Russia's contribution to the political solution of Ukrainian conflict and the continuation of the constructive role of Moscow in the establishment of peace in Syria.
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas