Simferopol on the eve of Vladimir Putin’s visit to Crimea
There are preparations for evening events in Lenin square in the city center
On the eve of Putin’s visit Simferopol is living its daily life, there are no extra safety measures, informed Crimean activist Leonid Kuzmin in an interview to “112 Ukraine” TV channel.
“At the moment nothing extraordinary is happening in Simferopol, movement of private vehicles and public transport is not stopped. There are preparations for evening events in Lenin square in the city center”, - Kuzmin informed.
According to the activist, life on the peninsula stabilized, although people are afraid of expressing their opinions in public places.
Kuzmin mentioned that pro-Russian citizens of Crimea haven’t changed their minds two years after the annexation. “Though, people who used to support the idea that Crimea should join the Russian Federation currently disapprove actions of Crimea authorities, since socially, politically and economically Crimea is not in very good shape. According to the latest statistics, out of all regions of the Russian Federation Crimea ranks 76 judging by the level of life, whereas neighboring Krasnodar region ranks 5”, - Kuzmin explained.
Decline of tourism, according to Kuzmin, strongly affected private entrepreneurs who rent housing to tourists.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case