Shoigu: Russia and Syria suspended air attacks on Aleppo
Russia is preparing for an eight-hour "humanitarian pause" announced for October 20
Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said that the Russian Air Space Forces and the Syrian Air Force from 10:00 today, October 18, have suspended air strikes on Aleppo. On it informs "TASS".
Air strikes halted in preparation for the "humanitarian pause" on 20 October.
"Early termination of airstrikes is necessary for the introduction of a "humanitarian pause" on October 20. This will ensure the safety of six exit corridors for civilians and allow to prepare for the evacuation sick and wounded people from the eastern part of Aleppo." - Said Shoigu.
Let us remind, Russian General Staff announced the start of a "humanitarian pause" in Aleppo on October 20.
The UN believed that the eight-hour humanitarian pause in Aleppo will not be sufficient to deliver the necessary assistance. UN previously called for a cease-fire for at least 48 hours to deliver humanitarian aid to the population.
Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII 26 October, 10:44
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case