Russia’s Federal Security Service accuses Ukraine of preparing terrorist attacks in Crimea
Sabotage aim was to destabilize socio-political situation in region
Russian Federal Security Service announced preventing a terrorist act in the Crimea, which, according to the intelligence agencies, was organized by the Ukrainian intelligence. Department’s press service reported this.
"Federal Security Service prevented the terrorist attacks in the Republic of Crimea prepared by the General Directorate of the Ministry of Intelligence of Defense of Ukraine. The attacks were aimed at the critical elements of the infrastructure of the peninsula and livelihood", reads the report.
The purpose of sabotage and terrorist acts was to destabilize the social and political situation in the region during the preparation and conducting of elections of the federal and regional authorities.
Thus, according to the report, a group of saboteurs was found in Crimean Armyansk city as a result of operational search activities on the night of August 6.
"One officer of Russia’s Federal Security Service was killed during the arrest of the terrorists. The federal service found 20 self-made explosive device with a total capacity of more than 40 kilograms of TNT, ammunition and special means of initiation, regular anti-personnel and magnetic mines, as well as grenades and special weapons, which are used by armed special units of the armed forces of Ukraine", the department said.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas