Russia’s Air Force to add cutting-edge air bombs to its armory
The manufacturers successfully tested new contact-less fuzes
‘Currently, the Novosibirsk R&D Institute for Electronic Devices gets ready to launch the new fuzes into serial production. I guess in the near time, the air bombs of the new generation will be presented to the Russian army’, Sergei Rusakov, CEO for Tekhmash company.
The enterprise’s press service reported that the new ammunition significantly surpasses the ones the Russian military aircraft use now.
‘When a bomb with a contact fuze explodes, most of the explosion’s energy is wasted on hurling the ground, making shell craters. That, in turn, cuts the striking range and makes the very use of such ammunition less useful,’ the statement reads.
Previously, Ukraine’s Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council Olexandr Turchynov claimed that Russian regular troops have been using the militant-held areas of Donbas to test their brand-new weaponry.
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning 23 October, 18:54
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain