Russians opened the first stage of bridge across the Kerch Strait
Russian authorities need to seek ways for escaping blockade of Crimea
Traffic was launched on the first of three stages of technological bridge, needed for the construction of transport passage through the Kerch Strait from Krasnodar region, Russia, to occupied Crimea, TASS. The temporary bridge connects Taman Peninsula and Tuzla Island.
The passage to the other side takes less than 5 minutes on a truck, 15 minutes on foot. The total weight of steel structures used in the construction of the bridge sums for more than 3.5 thousand tons.
As press office of Stroigazmontazh, the company-contractor, reports, the other two stages - from Tuzla Island to the shipping channel and from the fairway to the coast of the Kerch - will be ready by the summer of 2016. Total cost of bridge bulding (which, as estimated, may reach $16 billion) and time of its completion are still uncertain.
Earlier it was reported that the first stage of a temporary bridge across the Kerch Strait will be built the beginning of winter.
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars