Russians claim not to ban foreign condoms
Petition against the ban of foreign condoms and medical devices received nearly 90 thousand signatures
Almost 90 thousand people have signed a petition on the change.org website, directed against the motion of Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade to prohibit or restrict public purchase of condoms, ultrasound and x-ray machines, defibrillators, and other medical devices.
Petitioners believe that the authors of the bill "do not care about ordinary Russians", as they and their families receive medical treat abroad.
"We are strictly against the adoption of these ill-conceived and dangerous amendments. We demand to reconsider the decision on February 5, 2015 №102 "On establishing the limit on certain types of health care products originating from foreign countries for procurement for state and municipal needs", reads the petition.
Earlier it was reported that Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev promised not to abandon the procurement of imported medical equipment as yet. Ministry of Economic Development and Federal Antitrust Service did not support the proposal.
Motion of Industry and Trade Ministry is to limit foreign purchases of condoms, as well as ultrasound and x-ray machines, defibrillators and other medical devices and drugs. Later, the agency commented on the possible ban on foreign condoms, but the remaining 99 items on the list were passed over in silence.
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain