Russian warplanes launched 27 air strikes in Syria - Defence Ministry
Military air forces of Russian Federation overnight conducted 22 flights
Russian air crews of Su-34, Su-24M and Su-25 conducted 22 flights overnight striking 27 targets in Syria, the press service of Russian Defence Ministry reported.
"Bombers Su-24M and Su-34 attacked upon eight strong points in the residential areas of Homs province. As a result of fire damage of the targets, the fortifications were completely destroyed. There have been numerous flame bases caused by the detonation of ammunition and fuel and lubricants,” said in the statement.
In addition, under fire came the fighting positions as well as underground shelters, training camps and depot of petrol, oil and lubricants (POL) in Raqqa and Hama provinces, Arafit, Salma, Khan al-Asal and Tamana settlements.
Watch Russian Defence Ministry video:
Attack upon the POL depot in Khan al-Asal:
Airstrike upon fortifications near Tamana
Airstrike upon command center on Tamana outskirts
Reportedly, the US Defence Secretary Ashton Carter said Russian military campaign in Syria will have consequences for the country itself, AFP.
“In the coming days, the Russians will begin to suffer from casualties,” Carter said.
Earlier, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg spoke of "troubling escalation" in Russian military activity in Syria. "My concern is that Russians mainly attack the targets that do not belong to the "Islamic state" and other opposition groups which support the Assad regime. I call on Russia to play a constructive role in the fight against ISIS," claimed Stoltenberg.
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
NATO Secretary General: Those responsible for MH17 tragedy should be punished 29 September, 08:44
Sweden: Russia aggravates situation in the region 11 October, 12:38
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case