Russian warplane violated Turkish airspace
Turkish Foreign Ministry delivered a note to the ambassador of Russian Federation to Turkey on account of air intrusion by Russian military aircraft
Turkish Air Force intercepted Russian military aircraft which entered the airspace in the south of the country, the press service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkey stated.
The incident occurred on Saturday, October 3, at 12:08 Kyiv time in the southern district of Yayladağı of Hatay province, Hurriyet Daily reported.
“The Russian aircraft exited Turkish airspace into Syria after it was intercepted by two F-16s from the Turkish Air Force, which were conducting patrols in the region,” said in a statement
In this regard, Russia's ambassador Andrey Karlov to Turkey was summoned to the Foreign Ministry where he was handed a note in connection with the flight of military aircraft of the Russian Federation.
"The Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Ahmet Muhtar Gun handed Russian Ambassador to Turkey Andrey Karlov a note after the Turkish authorities accused the Russian Federation aircraft in violation of Turkish airspace. On Monday, Turkish Foreign Ministry said that military aircraft of the Russian Federation on Saturday violated the airspace of the Turkish side Syria near Yayladağı, Hatay province, "RIA Novosti stated.
The ministry expressed protest due to the violation and demanded from Russia that such incidents were not repeated. In addition, Turkish Foreign Minister Feridun Sinirlioğlu called to his Russian opposite member, Sergey Lavrov, to lodge a protest. Also, the counterparts from US, UK, France and Italy were notified about the incident. Turkish Foreign Ministry is planning to consult on the situation with NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg and German Foreign Ministry.
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
Sweden: Russia aggravates situation in the region 11 October, 12:38
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe 27 October, 10:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case