Russian ships observed near Ukrainian sea areas
It took place during the Ukrainian-US exercises "Sea Breeze - 2015"
Two ships of Russian Black Sea Fleet were recorded near sea areas Ukrainian state border during Sea Breeze international naval exercises, states the press service of Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU).
“During the Ukrainian-US exercises "Sea Breeze - 2015" AFU found in the vicinity of territorial waters and maritime (exclusive) economic zone of Ukraine, the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation, respectively, guard ship "Ladniy" and small antisubmarine ship "Suzdalets" were observed. Both ship appear in the area not for the first time in the area,” according to the statement.
Ukrainian units of coastal defense monitored the Russian navy reconnaissance and artillery support systems, in cooperation with the Naval ships of the Border Service of Ukraine. Later, the ship "Ladniy" went to the south of Odesa.
June 4, this year, the ship had been witnessed in the vicinity of marine areas Ukrainian border. In addition, while the Russian ship was on the way recommended by civil courts, it posed a threat to the safety of navigation.
The land, naval and air drills, which will last until September 12 in framework of "Sea Breeze - 2015" are designed to improve interoperability between the Ukrainian Naval Forces and the Naval Forces of North Atlantic Treaty Organization member and partner countries.
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 27 October, 09:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case