Russian Orthodox Church sets Russia's foreign policy agenda
Russian Orthodox Church claims that besides holy war in Syria, Russia must help Donbas people as a part of Russian nation
The head of the Synodal Department for Church and Society, Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin believes that the fight against terror in Syria is Russia's sacred struggle, Interfax.
“It is a struggle associated with our duty to protect people suffering from the terrorist threat. Russia has always felt its duty and has always sought to promote a fair peace in various parts of the world. And our country has, of course, a moral, a sacred duty that is rooted in the mentality of our people,” he told at the press conference in Moscow.
He added that this is not a war of Christians against Muslims, and Russia does not participate in it the fight between Shiites and Sunnis.
He also touched the theme of conflict in eastern Ukraine, highlighting that "a large number of people who consider themselves Russian, speak Russian, now find themselves in a depressed position, and are deprived of the opportunity to influence their own future through the normal procedures of democracy".
"It means that these people need help, we must not forget that these people see themselves as part of the Russian nation. – Claims Archpriest Vsevolod. – It should not be the basis for some new repartition of the world. Taking care of the people who consider themselves Russian, should be natural for Russia”.
Russian Orthodox Church represents the country's predominant religious group, and it has a strong impact on the Russian policy and public opinion.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case