Russian operation in Syria is cheaper than in Donbas
Russia should take measures on fighting against terrorists in the Middle East - Russian Former Minister of Finance
Russian Former Minister of Finance Alexei Kudrin in his interview with Dozhd said that Russia's military operation in Syria seems not to be very costly.
"I would call it advanced exercises as involving air force contingent serving. Now this is not so very expensive. Probably, even cheaper than in eastern Ukraine," said Kudrin. Earlier Russian Gosduma officialy stated that the Russian military action in Syria with last for some 3-4 months.
Ex-minister also noted that Russia should take part in the campaign against terrorism in the Middle East, as the threat is too high.
September 30 Russian Air Force struck the first airstrike in Syria. The bombing killed at least 30 people, including 12 children. Local media reported that there were no ISIS militants at that place, and aviation of the Russian Federation is bombing places where the opponents of the Assad regime are located.
According to the Stratfor experts, at least $2 bln from Russian 2015 budget went to sustain the military support in eastern Ukraine. Russia spends at least $5 bln annually to finance the quasi-states.
Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack 28 October, 14:30
Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 27 October, 09:44
35000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported 28 October, 17:18
Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas 27 October, 09:05
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case