Russian Navy missile cruiser Varyag heads to Syria
The ship departed from Oman, crossed the Suez Canal and will replace another Russian cruiser stationed near Syria
Russian Navy missile cruiser Varyag entered the Mediterranean Sea, said Roman Martov, Head of Data Support Department of Russia’s Eastern Military District (TASS).
The official mentioned that in late December 2015, Varyag, the flagship of Russia’s Pacific fleet, reached the Omani port of Salalah with a business visit, where the crew replenished its stocks of food and water.
Previously, Russia’s Eastern Military District reported that Varyag would be sent to Syria where it is supposed to replace another cruiser, Moscow.
As is known, in September 2015, Russia, at the request of Syrian leader Bashaar al-Assad, started launching air strikes on ISIS objects located in Syria. International observers and human rights watchers accuse the Kremlin of killing civilians and ruining civilian infrastructure in Syria. Russia denies all charges.
Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences 26 October, 17:15
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII 26 October, 10:44
Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president 26 October, 16:26
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case