Russian marines return to Sevastopol from Syria
They guarded Khmeimim airfield
Marines of the Black Sea Fleet of Russia’s Armed Forces returned to their base in Sevastopol upon completion of the mission in Syria. They guarded the Khmeimim airfield, TASS reported with a reference to the Information Activities Office of the Black Sea Fleet.
“A solemn meeting of a Marines unit of the Black Sea Fleet took place in Sevastopol, at Belbek airfield. They provided safety of Russian air wing at the Khmeimim airfield in Syria. The high command of the Black Sea Fleet participated in the meeting”, the Information Activities Office reported.
The routine replacement of staff, which continues to guard the Khmeimim airfield, will be over by the end of the month, the Office said.
Previously, Ukrainian intelligence reported that Russian coastal defense troops from Simferopol are present in Syria.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain