Russian FSB detained top manager of company, which built energy bridge to Crimea
The detainee is suspected of large-scale fraud
The Russian Federal Security Service detained a top manager of "Unified Energy System" Federal Company Valeriy Goncharov while he was trying to leave the country. He is suspected of fraud on a large scale during the construction of an energy bridge to the Crimea, reports "Novaya Gazeta".
Operatives of FSB detained Goncharov in one of the airports in Moscow while he was trying to fly abroad.
It is reported that searches were conducted at some of his home and working adresses.
Recall, on November 22, 2015 the supply of electricity from Ukraine in Crimea were completely halted due to undermining of transmission towers in the Kherson region, which leads to the peninsula.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
- UA & EU20:19"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:33"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars