Russian Communist MP presented St. George ribbon to Pope Francis
Russian deputy said pontiff put it on the robe
Russian Communist MP Pavel Dorokhin stated that he presented St. George ribbon to the Pope of Rome, reported RIA Novosti agency.
"Yesterday I had an opportunity to attend the general audience of Pope Francis at St. Peter's Square in Vatican. They put me on the first place in the lodge for the honored guests, and I think it is no coincidence. I told the Pope that in five days we have a great holiday - Victory Day, presented him a commemorative medal for the 70th anniversary of the Victory. Also I said that our people have paid 26 million souls for it, asked the Pope to be together with our people and put on St. George ribbon to show solidarity. He put it on the robe and the conversation continued, "- Russian MP said.
The MP also said that when he approached, the Pope said in Russian: "Christ is Risen".
"I also handed him a magazine with a photo of Patriarch Kirill and said that we are glad to their recent historic meeting. The Pope gave blessings to our country through me ", - he added.
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars