Russian citizen with gasoline canister opened fire at Moscow synagogue
Police detained the attacker, there are wounded
The Russian man with canister of gasoline opened fire at a Moscow synagogue. This was reported by the official representative of the Ministry of Interior of Russia Irina Volk, according to "Interfax".
The attackers is a resident of Korolev town of Moscow region, police have detained him.
"Today, in one of the religious institutions started a conflict between security officers and a man whose behavior was inadequate. In the result of the incident unknown man fired several shots from a pneumatic gun at guards, after which he was arrested and taken to police for the proceedings.", - Said Volk.
She said that, according to preliminary data, the detainee is 40-year-old resident of the Moscow region Korolev town.
According to the portal Mediazona, the attacker's name is Ivan Lebed, and he had a canister of gasoline with him.
Victor Rahmilov, representative of the Moscow community of Mountain Jews, told reporters that the man asked for a meeting with the Chief Rabbi, but all were praying.
"Well, maybe he had prepared for him the canister, or for himslf, I do not know" - he said.
According to him, from a pneumatic gun attacker wounded the guard and the driver of one of the parishioners.
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars