Russia to punish Ukrainians violating period of stay in the country
Since December 1, Russia will apply administrative measures to Ukrainian citizens that exceed their period of stay there
Russian authorities will apply restrictive measures to Ukrainians violating the period of stay in this country, Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry reported.
“Since December 1, the citizens who violated terms of stay in Russia and failed to process relevant documents, can fall under a number of restricting measures, including the ban to enter the Russian Federation”, said the statement by the Ministry.
The Foreign Office recommended Ukrainians who currently stay in Russia to abide by the rules of employment and preservation of legal status in this country and to timely file all documents that are necessary for residence and employment in Russia.
Since January 2014, Russian law foresees the temporary period of stay for foreigners who crossed the border under visa-free regime. The period lasts for 90 days of stay throughout 180 days. Since November, all Ukrainian citizens who stay in Russia for more than 90 days without properly filed documents, were obliged to turn to Russia’s Federal Migration Service to confirm their legal status or leave the country before November 30.
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars