Russia to organize own competitions after CAS expelled national team from Paralympics 2016
Putin promises to encourage athletes not less than at Paralympics
Russia intends to organize competitions for the Paralympics team in connection with its expelling from the Paralympics 2016. This was stated by Russian President Vladimir Putin, the Kremlin press service reports.
"The decision to disqualify our Paralympians is out of right, morality and humanity. It is so cynical to take it out on those for whom sport has become the meaning of life, those who give hope and faith in their own strength to millions of people with disabilities by their example. I even feel sorry for those who make such decisions, because they cannot understand that it is humiliating them", Putin said.
"I want to say to our Paralympians: of course we will support you, and specially arrange competitions where you can show all your skills. We will encourage our winners the same as it would be at the end of the Paralympic Games", he said.
Putin also promised to improve the Russian anti-doping structures.
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president 26 October, 16:26
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case