Russia to give sanction goods to poor
Law includes only high-quality products that meet standards of Federal Service for Supervision of Consumer Rights Protection and Human Well-Being
Member of the Federation Council of the Russian Federation Anton Belyakov took the initiative to distribute high-quality sanction products to the poor, as the number of poor is growing. The corresponding bill is under consideration by the State Duma.
"The imported agricultural products, raw materials and food of good quality with appropriate sanitary and epidemiological requirements to the Russian Federation from the country which decided to impose economic sanctions against Russian legal entities and (or) individuals or acceded to this decision, and which are prohibited from being imported into the territory of the Russian Federation become subject to gratuitous transfer for socially important needs", reads the text of the bill.
The procedure of the transfer of sanction goods will be established by the Russian government.
The personal goods of those entering the territory of the Russian Federation and transit goods do not fall within the scope of this bill.
The explanatory note says the destruction of products is not justified "due to the difficult socio-economic situation prevailing in Russia." One in six Russians is below the poverty line. In addition, the Russians began to spend more than half their income on food.
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars