Russia to construct newest ballistic missile
It will have special equipment to pull through US National Missile Defense
The Makeyev Rocket Design Bureau received government contract to perform construct and testing to create the new ballistic missile. Izvestiya reports this.
"This is a new heavy ballistic missile Sarmat for ground forces' update", Makeyev Rocket Center Chief Structural Engineer Vladimir Degtyar said.
He added that the Center works on several contracts from Defense Ministry for creation of the sea and land-launched ballistic missiles.
Russian Defense Ministry vice Deputy Yuriy Borisov said that Sarmat missile will have the modernized energy characteristics that will give the opportunity to equip it with special equipment to pull through US National Missile Defense. New missile will be able to resist space-based defense system and be launched from any region and to any direction.
The weapon is created to equip the Borey class nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarines. It can also be used on the submarines of the fifth generation Husky that are now under development.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars