Russia to consider transfer of Savchenko only after the verdict
The transfer is possible only if Ukraine recognizes the decision of the Russian court
Possibility of transfer of Ukrainian pilot Nadiya Savchenko will be considered only after the court’s verdict with the mandatory condition of its recognition by Ukraine and guarantees to implement this decision at homeland, announced the press service of the Ministry of Justice of Russia, Interfax.
"According to article 471 of the Criminal Procedure Code of the Russian Federation, transfer of a person to be denied in the case of non-recognition the verdict of court by a foreign state", said in the statement. "When a request for transfer of convicted citizen for further imprisonment in State of his or her nationality enters the Russian Ministry of Justice, it would be considered in accordance with the provisions of the Convention on the Transfer of Sentenced Persons and Russian Code of Criminal Procedure."
"In accordance with Article 3 of the Convention, the sentenced person may be transferred under certain conditions, including the condition of the entry into force of the verdict and the consent of the convicted person", announced Russian Ministry of Justice.
Nadiya Savchenko, Ukrainian MP and former Armed Forces servant, is accused of killing two employees of Russian television, which in summer of the past year were near Luhansk without the permission of the Ukrainian authorities. Russian prosecution claims that Savchenko led adjustment of fire during the bombardment by the Ukrainian military. Also, pilot is accused of illegally crossing the Russian border.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas