Russia stops preferential regime for migration of Ukrainians
Special conditions are preserved only for Ukrainians from south-east of the country
Starting from November 1, preferential stay in Russia is cancelled for Ukrainians. Special offers are preserved only for the migrants from the south-east of Ukraine, Interfax. The rest of Ukrainians are allowed to stay on the territory of Russia without permits, such as the patent on the work or a temporary residence permit, for not more than 90 days within 180 days.
"Citizens of Ukraine who perform labor activity in Russia, and want to continue their legal stay should apply to the Federal Service for Migration to obtain the patent," said the head of Russia's Federal Migration Service Konstantyn Romodanovskyi.
He also added that after November 1, the citizens of Ukraine would have 30 days to process legal status or labor permit in Russia. "From the first of December we will take some administrative measures against violators, including the ban for entry," said the head of department.
Earlier Ukraine-Russia travel mode was quite opened: Ukrainians could freely travel to Russia on an inner passport and stay for 90 days.
Russia belongs to the most visited countries by Ukrainians. For last four years 28,220,252 Ukrainians visited Russian Federation, states the Migration Service. Russia also is the largest receiving state for the domestic labor force – 43.2% (from the total number of migrants 1,181.6 thousand people). It is a country of predominantly male migration from Ukraine (83.8%). Most returning migrants come back from the Russian Federation (51.1%).
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels