Russia simplifies visa regime for Georgia, - Foreign Ministry
The Russian side underlines it is ready to take more steps to improve the interstate relations
Russia simplified the order of issuing visas for Georgian citizens, says the message at the website of the Russian Foreign Ministry.
The message says that “in the view of the ongoing normalization of Russia-Georgia relations, as well as stimulation of positive tendencies between the states”, Georgian citizens can apply all sorts of visas regardless the kindred between the host and the guest.
Russia’s Foreign Ministry added that the Russian side is ready “to take more steps to improve the interstate relations, which includes the forthcoming implementation of the visa-free regime, based on the principle of mutuality”.
Russia introduced the visa regime for Georgia in 2000. After the 2008 armed conflict in South Ossetia and Abkhazia, Moscow broke the diplomatic contacts with Tbilisi. In 2012, the Georgian side unilaterally cancelled visa regime for Russians.
Earlier, at a December press conference in Moscow, Russian President Vladimir Putin said his country was ready to completely cancel the visa regime for Georgia.
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning 23 October, 18:54
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars