Russia refuses Ukraine in supply of electricity during peak heat
Russia suspends electricity supplies to Ukraine
Ukraine appealed to Russia with a request for technical assistance and the provision of additional supplies of electricity during the peak summer heat, but Russian side refused, Minister of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine Igor Nasalik said this, Interfax-Ukraine reports.
"We sought technical assistance from Russia, but we received only a denial", he said at a press conference in Kyiv on Thursday.
Nasalik noted that Ukraine has managed to pass the peak load conditions, despite the termination of deliveries of coal from the uncontrolled territories of Donbas region without electricity imports.
He also stressed that the autumn-winter period, when the power consumption will be lower than in some periods in summer, will also be performed without rolling blackouts.
Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest 27 October, 13:30
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case