Russia officially brought charges against Sushchenko, - Feygin
Sushchenko accused of espionage
Ukrainian journalist is officially brought charges in espionage. Lawyer Mark Feygi announced that, according to TASS.
"An indictment was brought against him, The investigator continues to deliver the charge in the case," – the lawyer says.
As we reported earlier, Ukrainian journalist Roman Sushchenko, who works for Ukrinform news agency, was found in pre-trial detention facility of Lefortovo prison (Moscow). Open Russia, the group of Russian human rights activists, reported this at their official website on Sunday night.
According to Sushchenko, the law enforcers put psychological pressure on him; they didn’t let him call home and tell the wife he was arrested. The FSB, Russian federal security service, provided Sushchenko with a lawyer.
Earlier the deputies of the European Parliament addressed a letter to Russian President Vladimir Putin requiring immediate release for Sushchenko.
A support action for Roman Sushchenko, the Ukrainian reporter illegally detained in Russia, took place in Kyiv near the building of the Russian embassy yesterday, on Thursday.
Kremlin begins to discredit Roman Sushchenko, - lawyer 6 October, 12:23
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
Lawyer Feygin intends to visit Sushchenko in jail 14 October, 14:30
FSB to bring charges for Sushchenko today – Mark Feygin 7 October, 12:14
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case