Russia is involved in the ISIS militants training - Klimkin
Previously, Russia have trained military men of Saddam Hussein`s army
Russia earlier have trained soldiers of the army of the former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein, many of which are now fighting on the side of a terrorist group ISIS, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Pavlo Klimkin stated that on air of channel 24.
"A significant number of those who are on the side of ISIS are the former military servicemen of Saddam Hussein`s army. Russia knows well them. The country knows their mentality, it considerably trained them," Klimkin said.
According to him, the cooperation of Western countries with the Russian Federation towards the crisis in Syria will not lead to changes in relations with Russia.
"Classic Russian approach is to do something in order there was a crisis or couple of them. And then that those crises could be dealt only with Russia. Therefore, there will be cooperation with Russia towards Syria and, possibly, other issues. However, this will not lead to global changes in the relationship with Russia,” he said.
Reportedly, in Syria large number of Russian military equipment is located, in particular, Russian military aircraft is deployed there.
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition 27 October, 17:31
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case