Russia introduces embargo on Ukrainian goods, - Medvedev
The Russian Prime Minister signed respective decree. The embargo to start working on January 1, 2016
Ukraine joined the list of countries, against which Russia introduced embargo. December 21, Russian Premier Dmitry Medvedev signed respective decree. According to him, the product embargo on Ukrainian goods will come into force on January 1, 2016, rbc.ua reported.
"Since January 1, 2016, Ukraine will face retaliatory economic measures, due to this country's joining teh anti-Russian sanctions imposed by the EU and the USA", Medvedev said.
The Russian Premier added that since January next year, Russia will implement the most favored nation treatment in regard to Ukraine. “No exclusions. All sorts of trade preferences will be gone”, Medvedev said.
Previously, December 16, Russian President Vladmir Putin signed a decree on suspension of the Free Trade Area with Ukraine. The document stated that the decision is motivated by exceptional circumstances, regarding interests and economic security of Russia”. Thus, Ukraine is on the list along with Albania, Montenegro, Iceland, and Liechtenstein. Russian government made provision for special conditions of introduction of the embargo against Ukraine; it should have been activated in case Kyiv launches the Free Trade Area with the EU, which is to take place January 1, 2016.
Ukraine’s Prime Minister Arseniy Yatseniuk estimates Ukraine’s losses from Russian embargo as of USD 600 mln.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain