Russia exports valuable exhibits from Crimean museums to Hermitage
"It's a barbaric seizure and plunder of the cultural, material and spiritual historical values of Ukraine” - Ukrainian MP Liudmila Denisova
”Russia is exporting valuable exhibits from the Crimean museums,” - said member of Ukrainian parliament Liudmyla Denisova during her speech at the General Assembly of the Parliamentary Assembly of Black Sea Economic Cooperation against illegal use of cultural heritage in the region. Earlier she released information about exportation of collections from the occupied Crimea to the Russian Hermitage, including Tauric Chersonesos, Sudak, the Central Museum of Tavrida in Simferopol, reported ‘Krym Realii’.
October 22 on the website of Tauric Chersonesos and in Russian media appeared contradiction of this information, however, the Hermitage announced the exhibition with Crimean items.
Denisova stressed that there is no objection to cooperation in the excavations of monuments of Chersonesos, a joint creation of the Byzantine exhibition, joint researches. "However, the information released is not just about cooperation, but confirms the export of valuable exhibits from Crimea", - she added.
Also Ukrainian MP is concerned about the incident that occurred overnight into November 17 in Sudak, where collapsed part of the ancient tower of the Genoese fortress.
"Ukraine strongly condemns the Russian Federation’s barbaric seizure and plunder of cultural, material and spiritual historical values of Ukraine", - said Denisova.
Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII 26 October, 10:44
Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president 26 October, 16:26
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences 26 October, 17:15
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case