Russia establishes National Guard troops, adopting Putin's proposition
According to bill, Russian Guard will receive powers of Interior Forces, riot police, and Ministry of Internal Affairs
Russian government adopted in the second reading the package of bills on the establishment of the Federal Service of the Russian National Guard, which had been submitted to the Parliament by President Vladimir Putin. Also the powers of new structure have been expanded. It is reported by "TASS".
According to the basic bill, Russian National Guard will receive the powers of Interior Forces, riot police, Russian SWAT and Ministry of Internal Affairs, the authority in the area of arms trafficking and control of private security activities.
The President of Russian Federation will guide the National Guard troops, and Director of the Federal Service will take the post of the Chief of National Guard troops.
Russian State Duma has also delegated to the new structure the number of powers of Security Service, for example, the right of "guards" to use weapons in crowd "in order to prevent (suppress) the attack".
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars