"Russia disrespects international standards and Minsk Agreements" - John Kerry
US again urged Russia to immediately release Savchenko
US Secretary of State John Kerry expressed his deep concern about Nadiya Savchenko’s state of health. Ukrainian pilot since last Friday refused food and water in protest of her imprisonment in Russia.
This is stated in a press release posted on the US State Department website.
While continuing to hold her in detention, Russia demonstrates disrespect to international standards and Minsk Agreements obligations, the report said. US again urged Russia to immediately release Savchenko and return her to Ukraine, said in the text.
It is noted that during the 20 months that have passed since the Hope Savchenko was captured in eastern Ukraine and shipped to Russia, Ukrainian pilot steadfastly endured interrogations, solitary confinement and forced psychiatric examination.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas