Russia created the new doctrine of information security
Russian authorities feel threat from foreign media and the Internet
According to the new "Information Security Doctrine of the Russian Federation", one of the main threats for Russia is a "tendency to increase the volume of materials in foreign media that contained biased and prejudiced information on foreign and domestic policy of the Russian Federation", said Kommersant.
The doctrine is expected to be adopted in 2016. It was provided by the Security Council on behalf of Russian President Vladimir Putin, said Kommersant with reference to the high-ranking source in Kremlin.
Special services and "controlled NGOs" of the Western countries actively use information and communication technologies "as a tool to undermine the sovereignty and territorial integrity" of other countries, "to destabilize political and social situation", Kommersant quotes the text of doctrine. As a response, Russia plans to develop "strength and means of information resistance", as well as perform "strategic deterrence and prevention of military conflicts".
In addition, the Russian authorities will counteract the harnessing of the Internet to disseminate ideas of national exclusiveness, undermining social and political stability, calls to forcibly change the constitutional system of the Russian Federation.
The 2000 doctrine the most frequently mentioned subject of "protection of the constitutional rights and freedoms". This phrase appeared in the text 17 times. In the new version of the document, the term is mentioned three times, according to the material of the Russian newspaper.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars