Russia delays temporary use of bridge over Kerch strait until December 2019
The bridge was supposed to be ready by 2018 and put into service in June 2019
‘The temporary use of the constructed railway on the bridge is December 1, 2019’, reads the document released at the official website of legal information, Radio Liberty reports.
In March 2014, immediately after Crimea’s annexation, Russian President Vladimir Putin said it’s necessary to build the bridge over the Kerch strait. The construction works were supposed to be over by 2018.
Ukraine withdrew from the respective agreement with Russia in March 2014, as Russia occupied the peninsula.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president 26 October, 16:26
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case