Google, Yahoo and WhatsApp might be banned for Russian officials
Authors of the draft law in such a way expect to secure government employees from the underhand practices of foreign intelligence services
In the State Duma of Russian Federation in the near future a bill on prohibiting state employees to use for work-related purposes internet services Google, Yahoo and WhatsApp is to be introduced, Russian newspaper “Izvestia” reports.
The initiative was put forward by the head of the public organization "Defend Russia" Mikhail Marchenko and State Duma deputy, the head of legal service of the Communist Party Vadim Solovyov.
"The bill proposes to amend the law "On State Civil Service of the Russian Federation ", in Art. 17" The prohibitions related to the civil service ", expanding it with the words: " Due to the passage of the civil service, civil servant is prohibited to use for official purposes foreign services Google, Yahoo and WhatsApp ". It is also proposed to amend the Code of Administrative Offences of the Russian Federation with the kinds of penalties, ranging from fines and up to dismissal from office of civil servants,” newspaper reported citing Marchenko.
According to the authors, the officials did not hear the statement of the Secretary of the Security Council Nikolay Patrushev, who urged them to give up foreign services due to the fact that in these systems was found a software of foreign intelligence services.
Earlier, Russian President Vladimir Putin said that in 2014 in the country more than 300 agents of foreign intelligence services were eliminated.
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars