Russia comments on being called Germany’s opponent
Kremlin regrets Berlin labels Russia as an opponent and a threat, which can cause confrontation trends
Dmitry Peskov, press-secretary of the Russian president, said this to UNIAN news agency.
"If the information about the updated White paper is correct, this may cause both regret and concern. Regret – because we may be talking about the obvious lack of understanding of the essence of the Russian position. It is well known that it is not aimed at confrontation, but namely to create an atmosphere of mutually beneficial cooperation on the European continent", Peskov says.
“And we are concerned because of an attitude based on misunderstanding due to the incorrect information. This position can lead to certain confrontation actions that will in no way contribute to the relationship of mutual trust and cooperation”, he added.
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case