Russia bans Monster High dolls
Russian MPs state that children might get wrong ungerstanding of national images when play with these toys
Chairman of the Russia's State Duma Committee on Family, Women and Children Olga Yepifanova warns against import of dolls-monsters, TASS.
"We cannot allow the import of dolls, as it is one of the types of children's products, which contributes to the formation of understanding of the national and cultural images. In the case of authorization of parallel imports, the market will be supplied with such products in unlimited quantities. Such as Monster High, for instance. These are the real monsters. And our children are really passionate about it now," she said at a meeting of the Committee.
Now the goods could be imported to the territory of Russia only with a certain brand of the manufacturer, the rights holder or an official distributor. The parallel import without the copyright of the owner is prohibited. However, in order to minimize the cost of the parallel imports is reached by purchases from the third countries. And it also includes the children's products such as dolls.
"It is unacceptable that the Russian market once again is flooded with unsafe goods, which are threatening the health and spiritual development of our children," noted Russian official.
American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning 23 October, 18:54
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel mined
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars