Russia and Zimbabwe to cooperate for fighting against US and EU sanctions
Zimbabwe Foreign Minister expressed his gratitude to Russia for support in 2008
Russia and Zimbabwe have condemned Western sanctions and advocated for their complete abolition, reported the agency "RIA Novosti" with reference to the statement of the co-chairs of the intergovernmental Russian-Zimbabwean commission - Head of Russian Industry and Trade Ministry Denis Manturov and Foreign Minister of Zimbabwe Simbarashe Mumbengegwi.
"Now both of our countries are under sanctions that were imposed by the US and the EU. In addition to expressions of solidarity in condemning the sanctions, we must, in particular through the mechanism of the Intergovernmental Commission, combine our efforts to prevent damage to our economies, which is desirable by the authors of these unjustified and immoral actions ", - stated Mumbengegwi at the commission meeting.
"We stand for the complete abolition of the unjust sanctions", - said Manturov.
Zimbabwe Foreign Minister expressed his gratitude to Russia for the support shown in 2008. According to his words, Russia's vetoin the Security Council (UN) saved Zimbabwe from the international sanctions that could destroy the country .
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case