Robert De Niro will open in Moscow a new restaurant
The actor to come to Russia November 9 as a co-owner of Japanese restaurant
November 9, the Hollywood star Robert De Niro will visit Russia again. The organizers of his visit say that this time the artist comes to Moscow not because of his creative interests; this time he comes as a co-owner of the Japanese restaurant Nobu, which will be opened in one of the city malls, TASS.
In 1987, the actor headed the jury of the Moscow International Film Festival. Ten years later, he came to Russia again and noted that the capital has changed a lot. He was particularly struck by the city nightlife, "full of lights, different clubs." In 2009, he personally opened the first Nobu restaurant on the Boshaya Dmitrovka. It was the Moscow branch of a large chain of Japanese restaurants, a co-owner of which is Robert De Niro.
Now De Niro is 72. And he is one of the leading actors of the American cinema. Allegedly, he became a "star" by accident: at one of the receptions the novice actor had been introduced to a hardly known director Martin Scorsese, with whom they created six films. The talent of Robert De Niro was noticed by Francis Coppola. De Niro played young in the second serie of "The Godfather" and later won the "Oscar"Award for Best Supporting Actor. Among the other famous works of De Niro are "Mean Streets," "Taxi Driver," "New York, New York", "The King of Comedy," "Brazil," "Analyze This," "Meet the Parents". He has got one more "Oscar" for the "Raging Bull" film. с
Except of being a director, De Niro is also a successful businessman: the producer, the owner of a chain of restaurants, and the New York Film Centre.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia Today bank accounts blocked in Britain 17 October, 16:14
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas