Residents of Crimea to be polled on contract on power supplies from Ukraine
The poll aims to define whether people treat Crimea part of Ukraine and want to sign the contract on electricity supplies from Kyiv
Russian President Vladimir Putin charged one of the country’s leading think-tanks to conduct a poll in Crimea, before the Kremlin signs the contract with Ukraine on regular power supplies onto the peninsula. Russia’s Energy Minister Alexandr Novak said this December 31, TASS reported.
“The President charged to poll the population of Crimea and Sevastopol. The survey includes two questions: the first is “yes or no to the commercial contract with Ukraine on power supplies to Crimea if the document defines the peninsula as part of Ukraine?”. The second is “are you ready for temporary power shortages in the next 3-4 months?” , Novak said. He reminded that Kyiv is about to offer the formulation under which Crimea is a part of Ukraine, and Russia won’t accept that.
According to the minister, Putin believes it would be right to conduct the survey before making the ultimate decision on signing or not signing the contract.
Valeriy Fedorov, CEO of the Russian Public Opinion Research Centre said that a thousand residents of Crimea will be surveyed by telephone, and the results of the research will be published on January 1, 2016.
Previously, Lenur Islyamov, Crimean attar activist and leader of the civil blockade of Crimea, said that the protesters will demand to define the Russia-annexed peninsula as the part of Ukraine in the contract on power supplies to Crimea.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Negotiations in Normandy format resumed 20 October, 00:47
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars