Putin: Ukraine made diversion in Crimea not to carry out Minsk Agreements
Russian President hopes provocations will not become final choice of Ukrainian side
President of Russian Federation Vladimir Putin said that Ukraine made an attempt to sabotage the Russian-occupied Crimea because of the unwillingness or inability of Kyiv to implement Minsk Agreements on the settlement of the conflict in Donbas region. He said this at a meeting with Russian Security Council members, TASS agency reports.
"It is clear that Ukraine does not want to or cannot, for whatever reasons, fulfill the Minsk Agreements. Ukraine’s government cannot explain their own people the significant lapses in socio-economic policy", Putin said.
He also expressed the hope that the provocations will not become the final choice of the Ukrainian side.
"I hope that the provocative actions will not be the ultimate choice of our partners, and common sense will prevail", Russian President stated.
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Negotiations in Normandy format resumed 20 October, 00:47
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars