Putin supports Vyacheslav Volodin as the parliamentary speaker
Vyacheslav Volodin is a Deputy Head of the Administration of the President of the Russian Federation
Russian President Vladimir Putin asked the MPs of the new convocation to appoint Vyacheslav Volodin the State Duma speaker. Putin stressed that the issue of a new speaker is the task for the deputies alone. But he underlined that Volodin possesses the experience to manage the parliamentary routine, reported by TASS.
Vyacheslav Volodin is a Deputy Head of the Administration of the President of the Russian Federation. He was in the party list of “United Russia” (Yedinaya Rossiaya, the rulling party in Russia) on latest parliamentary elections, which resulted in 343 out of 450 mandates for the United Russia. Volodin topped the 15th group of the nationwide party list, getting the majority of the mandates.
As it was reported earlier, Elections in Russia have established a de facto one-party system at the State Duma, though the Kremlin did everything to make these elections look visually more free and fair than earlier.
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Donbas Conflict: 25 truce violations by Russian-backed militants 14 October, 09:54
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars